Charter Apps, LLC
EFFECTIVE DATE: September 1, 2018
2. Information Collected.
a. Information you provide directly. You are not required to provide information about yourself in order to simply read about the Service on the Website. If you desire, you may provide information about yourself through a contact form on the Website including your name, email address, and phone number. If you sign up to use the Service, you will be required to provide us certain information about you and your school organization, including:
· School name, address and phone number;
· Name and email address for your administrative contact for the Service; and
· Name and email address for your billing contact for the Service.
Once you have signed up for your account, in order to use the Service you will input the following information for each student that will be tracked in the Service:
· Student name;
· Student’s teacher’s name; and
· Family ID (a one to four digit number to be assigned to each family and printed on a hang tag used in identifying arriving vehicles)
When using the Service, you will enter information regarding Family ID numbers for pickup vehicles, and the Service will automatically track the time at which such information was entered, the time that each student was dismissed from class, and other information regarding use of the Service.
b. Information we collect automatically. As you use the Service and the Website, we may collect or obtain certain information about you automatically, including:
• Your browser type and operating system;
• Your Internet Protocol (IP) address;
• Date and time of your visit;
• Actions taken in the Service during your visit, such as entering information and releasing students;
• Information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other technologies;
• Standard server log information; and
• Project-related data.
c. If you provide information on behalf of someone else (or someone else provides information on your behalf), the person providing the information must have consent to do so from the person whose information is being provided. “Information” means data that can be used to distinguish or trace your identity, either alone or when combined with other information that is linked or linkable to you.
3. Use of Information. The Company uses your Information in order to provide the Service and to improve its offerings of the Service in the future. You Information may be used for the following reasons:
• Provide the Service (for example, tracking student departures and vehicle arrival/departure);
• Improve or enhance the Service and troubleshoot any technical or functional issues;
• Communicate with you, including information about use of the Services (e.g. logs of actions that have occurred in the Service);
• Measure and analyze performance of the Service;
• Aggregate non-personally identifiable statistical information to optimize the Service and to improve the manner in which we conduct business;
• Generally enhance our understanding of the market for our products and services;
• Enable you to participate in potential future features, such as user replies or comments;
• Analyze the use of the Website and Information about visitors to the Website to understand and improve our content, marketing and service offerings;
• Protect users and prevent potentially prohibited or illegal activities in accordance with our EULA;
• In connection with a substantial corporate transaction, such as a merger, consolidation, asset sale, or in the unlikely event of a bankruptcy; and
4. Disclosure of Information. We will not sell, exchange, or transfer your Information to any other company or third party except: (i) with your consent; (ii) to provide and perform the Services; (iii) in connection with a substantial corporate transaction such as a merger, consolidation, or asset sale of the Company; or (iv) for legal reasons, such as disclosure required by applicable law, regulation, legal process, an enforceable government request, to enforce the EULA (including investigating potential violations), to detect, prevent and address fraud and/or security issues, or to protect against harm to users or the general public. We may also use a third-party to carry out certain services, such as credit card payment, customer support, IT services, and website management. We will only share your Information as necessary for these limited purposes.
5. Retention of Information. When you sign up to use the Service, we retain your Information for as long as your account is current or as long as we need it to provide you the Service. If you request us to cancel your account, we generally initiate deletion of your Information after 30 days. Please note, however, that there may be delays in deleting this information from our servers and back-up storage, and we may retain certain Information necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, or enforce our agreements.
6. Your Choices.
a. You can visit and use the Website without directly providing any personal information; however, as described above, some information may automatically be collected. In addition, you must provide certain personal data in order to use the Service or to submit questions through the Website.
b. You have rights concerning your Information. These rights include
• You may change or ask us to change or update your Information at any time. In the event you become aware or an error or inaccuracy in your Information, you may notify us at the address and/or email provided herein.
• You have the right to access your Information at any time in order to receive information on how your data is being used and for what purpose.
• You have the right to export a copy of your Information if you want to back it up or use it for another, unrelated service. You also have the right to request that we delete all or a portion of your Information by contacting us at the address and/or email provided below. In some cases, we may retain your Information for a limited period when it is required for a legitimate business and/or legal purpose.
7. Protection of Your Information. We are committed to protecting your Information. We will store and process your Information only as necessary to provide the Service, and have adopted commercially reasonable technical, administrative, and physical procedures to help protect your Information from loss, misuse, unauthorized access, and alteration. Please note, however, that no data transmission or storage can be guaranteed to be 100% secure and therefore we cannot guarantee the security of any Information you transmit to us or that we may collect. Please also note that you are responsible for protecting your unique password and account information. Some of the actions and safety measures we use to protect your Information include:
• Using encryption to keep your Information private;
• Periodic review of our information collection, storage and processing practices, including physical security measures;
• Restricting access to your Information to our employees, contractors and agents who have a need to know in order to provide the Service or otherwise perform the uses described above.
8. Privacy Protections for Children. The Service is intended for adults age 18 or older. Children under the age of 18 are not permitted to use the Service pursuant to our EULA.
10. Contact Information. If you need to contact us for any reason, you can reach us using the following information:
Charter Apps, LLC